|We can do this!|
We are an Essential ServiceFirstly, we will continue operating for the duration of these challenging times. The Wingello Village Store is an essential service in six different ways:
- Post Office
- Fuel (Unleaded 91)
- Food (Take Away only now)
Corona Virus Safety MeasuresAll of us are very conscious and practice the proper food and work safety, with all managers qualified as Food Safety Supervisors. Added to this are a number of new health based procedures as recommended by the Australian and NSW Health Departments.
|Hop this way and go out that way.|
- Social Distancing. We have lovely stickers placed on the floor at 1.5m (5 ft) intervals. You can come in one way along the main benches and exit around the central bench area past the groceries to exit. We have plenty of space inside to accomodate customers using the 4m2 rule too.
- Cleaning - we regularly clean and wipe down all surfaces, door handles and other areas commonly touched by customers.
- Cash - we still accept cash. But to reduce risk, we have a dedicated person handling cash and post who does not handle coffee or food. All cash is placed in a small container between the customer and the cashier to reduce risk of inadvertent contact.
- All staff are now from our household. The reduction in business and general safety has meant we have had to lay off Becky for the duration. The only exposure we have to non locals is the once a week magical mystery shopping trip by us as we go to multiple supermarkets in Mittagong, Bowral and Moss Vale doing our Noah's Ark shopping (2 of this, 2 of that and so on) until we can meet our requirements.
- Closed front door - We cannot have the front door open as there is too much wind and dust from the train line which will affect our food safety and quality. The door pushes in, so feel free to back in or use your shoulder. On the way out use your hand or roll down your sleeve. We do wipe down the door handles very often.
- If you have any flu-like symptoms - Don't come in! Stay home and we can come to you.
Trading HoursWe have changed our trading hours. We will now be operating from 8am to 3pm every day. The hours after 3pm on weekdays have not been generating sufficient income to justify the wages. Much of our business is derived from Truckies, Tourists and Tradies. All three groups are now greatly reduced as most people move into isolation and are no longer travelling. We will continue to offer services so long as our patronage continues. This will be reviewed in the coming weeks.
|So called "Single Use" bags are fashionable again|
The best way is to open an account with us and make a deposit. Then when you require anything we can put it against this account and bring out your order.
We will use new so called "Single Use" plastic bags for your orders. These bags can then be used as rubbish bags like we all used to do.
The order will be placed just outside your door, then we'll knock or use the bell to let you know we're there.
We cannot deliver just your mail as we are not allowed as part of our Australia Post agreement. However, if you buy something else (milk, eggs, bread, newspapers, lollies food, etc) we will bring along the mail with us.
|On your bike, Martin!|
Contact us by Email, Telephone or Messenger.
So there you go.
That's our current plan - until things change again!
Remember - you're not alone in Wingello.